How to Start Blogging for beginners
- Start Blogging Easy Guide for beginners is a great way to build a community, and share your interests with the world. If you want to start a blog, you need to learn exactly how to start it.
- To make a successful blog, you need a strategy. Or, differentiating your brand or turning it into a profitable online business can be challenging.
- That’s why we’ve come up with a step-by-step guide for starting a blog. We will offer you some additional tips to set you up for success.
What Is a Blog?
- A blog is part of a site that contains regularly updated content on multiple topics. The content of a blog comes in the form of articles on individual web pages called blog posts. On the blog’s homepage, you are presented in reverse chronological order. A step-by-step guide to starting a blog. I’m going to go through the whole process of setting up your first blog. I’m here to help you every step of the way.
1. Brainstorm blog ideas
- Start blogging by picking a niche. It makes it easy to plan and create content. It should align with your passion and skill.
- The blog should have an existing following.
- Here are some guiding questions. Here’s how you can ask yourself:
- What do you specialize in?
- What kind of bloggers do you follow?
- If someone comes to you for help, what is it usually for?
- What kind of blog content does the industry you’re passionate about lack? How can you fill in the blanks?
2. Chose a blogging platform
- The next step is to choose a platform for creating your blog. For this, we recommend using WordPress.org. A Content Management System is a huge collection of powerful blogging tools and plugins that can help you customize the site.
- Using a CMS requires a web hosting service to launch and run the blog:
- Our Hosting review shows the advantages and disadvantages of their hosting plans, services, server performance, and customer support.
- Blue host – a web hosting provider with great site performance and a one-click button for installing Word Press. For more information
- HostGator – A web host offers meter less bandwidth with all its shared hosting plans.
- Alternatively, you can use a blogging site like Blogger. This type of platform is equipped with blog hosting, so you do not have to ship separately.
- Word Press also allows WordPress.com to blog for free, although the tool selection is not nearly as extensive.
3. Pick a domain name for your blog
- When choosing a domain name, choose carefully. The name of your blog should be concise, interesting, and descriptive of the purpose of the blog. Personal or business brand names can be used.
- But someone else is likely to use it. To test it on the web and social media.
- Using a CMS requires a web hosting service to launch and run the blog :
- Bluehost -Some web hosting companies include free domain registration for one year.
- Another aspect to consider is the TLD extension that appears at the end of the web address.
- Consider purchasing a domain privacy protection service.
- This feature will protect any personal information from being accessible in the WHOIS public database.
4. Pick a blog theme
- When designing your blog, be sure to start with the theme. The theme will help readers easily navigate through the articles. It should have all the features to work properly.
- If you use a hosted blogging platform, themes are usually offered on their website.
- Third-party marketplaces like ThemeForest and TemplateMonster also offer premium Word Press themes. They usually come with special features like regular updates and customer support.
5. Customize your blog
It’s time to customize your chosen theme. What you can do to change the blog:
- Set up a navigation bar – it’s visible above the title and accessible across all pages. Include in the menu only relevant links of interest to readers.
- Customize colors and fonts – Make sure it represents the visual identity of your brand.
- Upload a logo – A logo can distinguish you from similar blogs. Can increase the recognition of the brand Many logo generators can come up with a high-quality design.
- Action buttons –A space next to the main content area for displaying side-call-to-action buttons.
- Customize the colors and fonts – Ensure they illustrate your brand’s optical identity.
6. Add any necessary extensions or plugins
- Start blogging and On CMS platforms, extensions add-ons users can use to install custom on a website. In Word Press, these are called plugins.
- A blog usually requires such extensions or Word Press plugins as:
- SEO – A popular example is Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO can guide Word Press users to optimize blog content for search engines.
- Spam protection – Blogs Spam comments can hurt your reputation and web user experience Prevent this from happening with Aximet.
- Contact Forms Enable readers to communicate via a web-based form that can be filled out. WPForms is a well-known plugin.
- Speed Optimization – The more your website loads, the less likely visitors are to stay and explore its content. WP Rocket can solve this problem by activating the website cache.
- Also, check out our Best Word Press Themes for Blog Guide.
7. Create a content strategy
- One way to ensure your blog posts are interesting to readers is a content strategy.
- Here are the guidelines for creating it:
- Define your ideal readership – can determine what type of writing your target audience will adopt.
- Set measurable and realistic goals – Choose a specific goal that you want to achieve. Set up a start blogging calendar – create a schedule for posting and publishing blogs. You can publish and post many drafts in advance.
- Decide on keyword research – find your target audience using public answers or like Google Trends. Blog posts select many more terms.
8. Learn about SEO
- SEO is the process of getting a website or content ranked higher on Google. This is a collection of exercises that help a web page rank better in search engines. In this way, the website can gain more exposure and organic traffic. Some SEO tools make it easy for search engines to strategize your content. If you prefer to use free software. A free version of Ahrefs. It helps in both keyword competition and research analysis. Check out the best on-page SEO tools.
9. Install analytics tools
- An analytics tool can track the performance of any site. Can detect any web-related problems to measure content and implement strategies.
- All you need is a Google Account to get started. Then copy and paste the tracking ID into the site code to start data collection.
- Google Analytics is a tool of choice for bloggers. Traffic sources and the number of blog posts or pages that a person views in a single session.
- We also collected the best cloud analytics.
10. Set up your email list
- Email List is a collection of submitted email addresses. These are made for marketing purposes. This is to update readers about new blog posts. It requires email marketing software to create. This will create an opt-in form on the website, where visitors can fill in their name and email address. In addition, it can deliver emails and personal messages to customers.
11. Publish and promote your blog
- To set up a start blogging, you need to start writing and publishing.
- Read the article carefully. Cover informative topics. Your goal will always be relevant to the audience.
- You need to start promoting the blog as soon as you publish a new post.
- You can promote by using email lists and social media networks. Subscribe to Quora and Reddit sites to further expand.
12. Collaborate with other blogs
- Gives guest postings on other blogs in your niche. It’s a great way to build backlinks. This is the way to expand exposure and establish credibility. Which is important for ranking well in search engines.
- To get the opportunity to post guests, send a tempting email.
- Address the recipient by name and make the message private. Make some articles of your choice.
- Finally, attach a draft of the post you want to write. That bloggers can visualize the article. It follows their submission guidelines and writing style.
- Here is a list of our best online collaboration software.
- What’s the best blogging platform?
- Firstly, decide what you want to blog about and choose an interesting name. Think about the blogging platform you want to use. In this article, we focus on WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, and Medium.
- Additional options you may want to explore include Wix or Squarespace. Wix is a good alternative for simple web design and can be similar but expensive.
- Blogger is a free Google platform. It requires a Google Account The free account will help you in many ways. This will give you access to the template and URL. Which is only used on blogspot.com. But you can pay if you want to add your own template and URL.
- If you want to buy your own domain name, you can do so through Blogger for a small annual fee. The platform you choose must be considered, as it will make your blog more professional.
- You can completely set up a WordPress blog using WordPress.com. A URL wordpress.com – free selection template 6 No need to pay for templates here. But when hosted by WordPress, you don’t have to worry about finding a server to buy a domain name.
- It’s easy for readers to like, follow, and comment on blogs in WordPress, which is inspiring and useful for increasing page views.
- WordPress.org. A free and open-source content management system. For those who already have a blog, this is better for those who want to take a start blogging seriously from the beginning.
- WordPress.org helps you buy or create your own templates. We suggest you some of the best hosting options.
- There are plenty of services out there that will set up your blog.
- Further customization can be done using the WordPress.org plugin.
- Tumblr is a start blogging platform, but many blogs are started on this network. Its hashtags and feeds mean that blog posts can get in front of a lot of people from the beginning. We have seen that it works best for ‘Fandom’. You like Fandom, then Tumblr is a casual blog called Book Spotter London. It does not require a complex design. It works just as well as a Tumblr blog. You can learn more about the platform at Tumblr.
- Medium is an excellent platform for budding bloggers. Those who care more about content writing. You will not find any ads or banners on your page.
- The platform is a hub for extensive and informative writing on a variety of topics.
High-Quality Blog Posts
- Everyone visits a blog to get useful information. Therefore, an excellent blog site provides knowledge and motivates users to take action.
- A great post usually meets the needs of the target audience. Usually:
- Provide a practical guide for readers to follow.
- Uses a language style and layout that the audience can understand very easily.
- This is a unique angle or information.
- It helps to organize ideas and flow information smoothly.
- Makes it easy to scan and digest. Uses active sentences and random and sorting lists.
- Related images.
- Invitational title. This forces potential readers to examine the content. It is not long before the article reveals what it is.
- In addition, high-quality blog content often focuses on the best practices of SEO. This can help search engines understand how an article is relevant to users’ interests. That way, the post can reach and tag the right audience.
- Typically, an SEO-optimized blog post includes keywords that get people into search engines. It can be written in a long format of at least one thousand words, which is preferred by search engines.
- Start blogging for your personal and professional development. Plus, it’s a great way to make extra money. Start blogging journey is now easier and more affordable than ever before.
- In this guide, I have given you every step by step on how to start a blog. Choosing the right niche, picking and setting up platforms for your blog, publishing content, promoting, and monetizing your blog.
- We hope this article helps you start a blog. It will help you learn. Let us know if you have any questions or Anxiety.